Discussion on NailArt Challenges and Pink Filigree NailArt

Hello Fireflies, finally I am off all challenges and feeling light and feeling un-burdened. I am in bit of a discussion and debate mood today. So here is my topic- Should one Participate in Nail Art Challenge?? I will be sharing a pretty in Pink Nail Art too. So it isn’t going to be a dull discussion 🙂

Pink Filigree Nail Art

I participated in hell lot of challenges last few months and apart from being exhausted there is something that I have learnt about them for sure. I am going to share them with you. I am no expert to say anything that I am saying, it just my experience and point of view. And I am totally open for a debate on this.

Pink Filigree Nail Art

While doing challenges there is constant conflict between your mind and heart. Your heart gives you all colorful and playful ideas to experiment but your mind constantly keeps reminding you that the nail art at the end should stick to the theme. Very obviously now, whichever party wins- Mind or Heart your nailart is not going to give you 100% pleasure because either the voice of heart or brain must have been ignored. This brings me to my key learning: Always chose a prompt which you have genuinely wanted to do or something which would have never occurred you but will challenge you. So you will be satisfied with the end result.

Pink Filigree Nail Art

Without challenge prompts giving me instructions, I can do any random design that catches my fancy and inspires me. I can just conceive an idea and translate it onto my nails immediately without worrying whether it tallies the theme.

Pink Filigree Nail Art

However, it also means I am going to go be gazing and wondering for hours on what design/polish/technique/finish/color/plates etc should I use?I have spent futile hours sitting and wondering what to do, which polish, brand, finish, tried, untried, color combination,inspiration, experiment etc and other gazillion questions .

Whereas, Challenges give some certainty and direction to our work. It allows you to have structured thought.It forces your brain to think in a particular direction.It may push you to explore areas which you would have never otherwise. Some of best manis which I would have never tried on my own are boons of challenges.So, it just depends on you how you use it? Use it or Abuse it?

What are your thoughts about Challenges? Have they given you more than taken?

Pink Filigree Nail Art

PS: The Nailart I have shared is done used BarryM Promanade Limited Edition and stamped with SinfulColor Snow Me White. To Beautify it I added Rhinestone from BornPrettyStore here. They had sent me this for review. They added glamour to my nail art. You can use my discount code HQBQ10 to get 10% discount sitewide.

18 comments

1. Kairi says:

Challenges have given me a lot. Specially when I was starting out, I got a quick course on many different themes (finishes, colours, techniques, just name it). But they do have a down side. Sometimes during a challenge I find something really cool I want to do, but I can’t, since it doesn’t fit with any of the themes given and I don’t have time for an extra design. They can drain you mentally. At the moment I’m enjoying doing weekly challenges (but I keep the amount low, luckily naillinkup doesn’t require an entry at every promt), currently I’m on two.

And your design, loving the pink and rhinestones give such a cool effect to it. Very feminine.
    Kairi recently posted…Rubber Duckies for #NAILLINKUPMy Profile

2. acidicice says:

I’ve only done one challenge which was an untried challenge. I can’t do challenges with time constraints like the 31 day challenge. I can only do my nails twice a week. I do consistently use untrieds though. I love the mani! I find during festive seasons like Easter or Christmas I feel very boxed in and just want to be able to do what I want, but also usually need direction. It’s a tough question.
    acidicice recently posted…Born Pretty Store Stamping Plate ReviewMy Profile

3. Manna says:

I suck with challenges. I admire the ladies that can do the challenges every day, but I just don’t have time for it. I tried to do one in December, but I ended up only participating in 2 of the themes for the entire month.
    Manna recently posted…Glam Glaze: IngridMy Profile

4. Traci says:

I am new to challenges, but I find I love the structure of them! They give me direction and challenge, and they keep me from staring at my racks of nail polish and wondering what oh what to do? I like them, but I’m not one to sole-y dedicate myself to them, I like more flexible ones like Challenge Your Nail Art, where you can jump in once a month, or a weekly open-ended challenge, like using three greens or something like that!
    Traci recently posted…ILNP Holo and Flakies Stripes ManicureMy Profile

5. Manisha says:

Gorgeous filigree design. Love the way you used the rhinestones, its beautifying the whole look.
    Challenges have taken a toll on me and my nails. Even I have taken a break from them now and feel stress free and feel like trying out new stuff. Although challenges have also given me an opportunity to try different themes/untries.
    Manisha recently posted…Neon sweater nailsMy Profile

6. Jessica says:

Loved the filigree with the rhinestones, they really set it off! I can’t really speak to the challenge debate as I haven’t taken part in any. For me, since I’ve only been doing my nail art for about 5 months I feel like every design I do is a challenge since I’m trying something new or that I’m not very good at every single time.
    Jessica recently posted…My Collection in Swatches # 7: Teals, Part 1My Profile

7. Tamara says:

I personally love participating in challenges, but I also like the freedom of not partaking in any as well. I turn to challenge prompts when I have no clear direction or idea of a mani in mind. I treat challenges as a “come and go” thing. That’s what keeps me sane. 😉