Hi Friends, as you might be aware that I am participtaing in the STNChallenges by Anita who herself is a great artist. God, the challenge is making push by limits and break my bones 😛 . But I am glad that it is really keeping me on my toes for this month.
I would have survived by taking inspiratin from any of wonderful nail arts by lovely artists around, but over ambitious as I am, I chose a design that I now think was out of my league. Stupid Me!! And obviously when the long back breaking nail art was complete I was dissappointed in my self. And not to forget as if doing it was not enough on one hand I again tried it on both hands, which made the job double difficult. But that’s the way I feel satisfied so be it. Anyways my fellow nail art friends were very supportive and encouraged me through out. Its great to have such positive energy around :).
I took inspiration from the great Jaunty Juli . I saw this design on IG a few months back and had been wanting to do them since then. The challenge was a perfect opportunity to do so :). The nail art is goorgeous no doubt, but it is lengthy na d complicated too. But her video onyoutube made it look so easy, that I fell for it.
This is how I think I did my Nail Art (Again a series of steps, make me forget what I began with 😛 ):
- Painted my nails white and let it dry.
- Taped the tip of the nails, so that I could later paint them tan color.
- Sponged it with Maybelline Colorshow Shocking Seas and Hooked on Pink. (I think I should have picked up lighter colors).
- Removed the tape and painted the tip in Tan Color, I used Envy Laminate.
- Used brown acrylic paint to dot the Tan Tip part
- Made colors using acrylic paints just a shade lighter than the nail polish sponged on my nails, which is light pink, purple and light blue.
- Started with pink dots, used purple where gradient of pink and blue met each other and then light blue over the blue part.
- Made a mint color using Turqiouse color, lime green and white acrylic paints to draw the palm leaves.
- Highlighted the tip of Palm Leaves with Lime green Acrylic Paints.
- Made a lighter shade of mint green prepared earlier to draw stripes over palm to get texture feel.
- Using brown acrylic paint draw trunk for the palm tree and striped it with black.
- Took a chrome yellow acrylic paint to draw the sun and dotted it with ornage.
- Drew a boat with light blue and mast with light yellow acrylic paint.
- Used a lighter blue and lighter yellow to stripe the boat and mast.
- Now, the tricky part (as if the all the above steps were not tricky and tiring enough 😛 ), outlining the palm tree, sun and boat with black acrylic paint. Also partition the tan painted tip of the nail with black stripe.
- Now, finally put a top coat and seal your design.
I would not say this was the toughtest design I drew but it was lenghty. The short tutorial itself seems like a lenghty essay 😛 . Jainty Juli has made it so effortlessly and flawlessly and look at me 🙁 . Really, hats off for her work.
How did you guys find my work? Am I any where near to her work? Please share your comments and feedbacks here 🙂