Hi Friends, you must be knowing by now that I am Indian :). And we celebrate our Independence Day on 15th August. I thought why not celebrate it with pride on my nails. I am gonna wear this tomorrow with pride and honor.
For the benefit of all I will let you know the significance of the colors in MY India’s Flag.
Saffron : Courage and Sacrifice
Navy Blue : For the eternal wheel of law
White : Truth, Peace and Purity
So I have tried to include all colors in my nail art. Also there is a special reason I have included “Gold”. At one point in time we were called “Sone Ki Chidiya” meaning “Golden Bird”. So I did not want that to be missed out. Yes, I am having that patriotic wave run down me as I explain you all this.
Anyways, back to the nail art.
- White Nail paint
- Green, Blue, Orange and Golden Acrylic Paint
- Dotting tool or a Toothpick
- Fan Brush
- Paint all your nails white and let them dry.
- Using a fan brush pick up the acrylic paints an start from left wall of your nails. Pull the brush till you get the desired look. Repeat if needed.
- Do the above process for all three nails with respective colors.
- Draw a rough outline with golden on each nail.
- Using a dotting tool pick up some golden acrylic color to draw the pattern on my forefinger. Fill in dots with the colors a shown.
- Finish up with a top coat.
Wasn’t that easy?? Using a fan brush gives very random asymmetrical which makes it fun and easy. I think I will do a pictorial next time I use a fan brush.
Goodnight for now, before my heads falls down on my laptop. He he…I bet you don’t want that 😛 So buy and Happy Independence Day!!!!
- Colorful Lady Bug Nail Art (thenailartandbeautydiaries.wordpress.com)
- The Jewellery Inspired Nail Art with Indian Attire Touch (thenailartandbeautydiaries.wordpress.com)
- MasterChef Inspired Nail Art (thenailartandbeautydiaries.wordpress.com)
- Black and White Nail Art (thenailartandbeautydiaries.wordpress.com)