Today I was in mood to create something cute which also comply with the ‘Blue’ theme of the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge. So I came with this Up Movie inspired nail art. I had loved the movie and the floating house!!!
I just thought of recreating it here for my readers. I hope you like it. I am not sure about you guys, but the first time I saw similar nail art, I thought ‘This must be tough’ but when I actually sat down breaking down the steps, I was pleasantly surprised:) It is not as difficult:) 🙂 The only challenge could be draw the ‘house’ on thumb. But its just straight lines so it wont be difficult.
Anyways, all you need is :
- Blue nail paint
- Acrylic paints
- Fine brush
- Toothpick or Dotting Tool
The Up Nail Art Tutorial
- Do the base coat ritual and paint your nails blue (I loved the nails after the blue wash!)
BLUE NAIL PAINTED
- Start with making the house on your thumb nail. It is easier if you put dots to define the boundary of the house (In placed dots and it really helped). Pick up colors of your choice to make house and finish by outlining with black (I used a fine brush). Add windows and doors for the effect.
- Now, take white acrylic paint on your fine brush and draw numerous strings out of the house. Continue stretching the strings on your ring and middle finger such that when thumb nail and these two nails are placed perpendicularity (as in pictures) the strings join in straight line.
- For your pinky and index fingers, use white acrylic paint (either use brush or dotting tool) to draw clouds.
- Pick up different colors on you dotting tools and fill up the balloon on top of those strings.
- Finish with a top coat so that the nail paint doesn’t fly off along with the house 🙂
You remember the background music of this movie? Since the time I have made this nail art and to the time now when I am writing the tutorial, the music is echoing in my ears. I just can’t get it off 😛 :P. I may end up seeing this movie for the third time tonight.
Do you feel that background music? Can you visualize the house floating in air after seeing my nail art? Can you feel the love of Carl for Ellie which gave me the strength to fly the house? Well, I can feel all of them and hope the same with you 🙂