Hi Coffee Lovers, I have a very cute and very ‘Me‘ Nail Art today to share. It is an Ode to my irrevocable love for Coffee. I can literally imagine the aroma of coffee around me as I write this :).
As it is raining these days I have a stronger urge to have a warm perfect coffee, but with the coffee nail art on my fingers as I type is taking this urge to another level of obsession 😀 :grin:. So much so that I am taking a break right now and getting a cup of coffee.
Okay, I am back with Coffee 😀 😀 and back to the nail art. Well, doesn’t it look like a nail wrap or a matte gift paper with coffee prints cut and pasted on nails?? I don’t know but I am feeling this every time I look at it. I have used a ‘Matte’ top coat so that may be responsible for the papery look :). I am using the matte top coat for the first time that I bought from Thailand 4 months back. Initially for 2 months I kept crying and cribbing that I dont have them and I couldn’t find them in India. On my trip to Thailand I kept on asking about it in every possible outlet. And finally when I found it, my husband asked me to get two of them considering how hungry I had been for them so long 😀 😀 😀
And now that I have them I did not touch them for 4 months (just double the time I spent crying on it 😛 😛 ). Well, that is how crazy we ‘Girls’ are 😳 !!!! Anyone on same page???Please share your thoughts to make me feel less crazy 🙄 🙄 🙄
Now seriously back to the nail art without holding an exhibition of my craziness 😉 😉
- Light Brown or nude shade for the base color
- Brown Acrylic Paint for the Coffee Beans
- Either a black Nail art pen or fine brush to outline the cup and beans
- White Acrylic Paint for Cup
- Pink Nail Paint to to make a heart on the cup
- Matte Top Coat to get that papery effect.
Coffee Nail Art Tutorial
- Prep you nails for spilling some coffee over them (cutting, filing, cleaning and base coat).
- Apply the nude or light brown nail paint as the base color.
- Use a brush to pick up brown acrylic paint to draw coffee beans (Hint: try to draw leaf like structure without sharp edges) on all fingers except the ring or middle finger.
- Use white acrylic paint to draw a cup along with saucer on the middle finger.
- Now, outline the cup and beans and saucer using a black nail art pen or a fine brush.
- Fill in the brown color on the mouth of the cup depicting coffee and some white swirls for the frothy look.
- Beautify your cup if you wish, like I added an ‘almost’ heart (sorry for the ugly heart). And add fumes with black to the coffee mug to give the warm fresh feeling.
- You could do some shading on the beans as well (with lighter shade of brown), which I did not.
- Now, apply a matte top coat to get that still, silent and papery look. I do not know exactly what and how to describe the effect. But it gives such a classy finish to the entire thing.
I hope you enjoyed the nail art and had some extra sip of coffee browsing this. Are you a coffee person or a tea person? Did you feel an urge to have that warm frothy coffee when you saw this nail art?? Let me know your thoughts 🙂 🙂
PS : These days, esp after I published the things that you wouldn’t know about me on Versatile blogger post, I feel like telling more and more to you guys of who I am. I just did a ‘I Hate Winters Nail Art’ yesterday which I will uploading soon. And I am enjoying doing them, saying to the world about me through nail art!!! :). Thinking on these lines I also did a post on “Story Behind The Nail Art and Beauty Diaries“, I am sure you will be able to relate in some form or other.
- The Sun, Sea and Beach Nail Art (thenailartandbeautydiaries.wordpress.com)
- Nail Art Basics – What is a Nail Art Pen? How to use them and where to buy them? (thenailartandbeautydiaries.wordpress.com)
- The Cherry Blossom Nail Art (thenailartandbeautydiaries.wordpress.com)