For all those who are not aware of this form of nail art, let me assure you it has nothing to with acid. In fact, the name may seem unfriendly, but believe me this is one of the friendliest nail art.
Why I say this is easy? Remember, it is difficult to create and easy to destroy. It is difficult to take care while easy to spoil. So, this is bit of a destruction nail art where you get the pleasure of spoiling for good. You don’t have to rack your brain of any ideas or experiments; all you need to decide is two colors of your choice
To add on, I feel the end result is somewhat similar to the ‘Crackle Nail Paint’ which is everywhere around these days. So, it is good bargain for girls who like the effect of crackle nail paint but are not sure about buying it.
- Two different color nail paints of your choice
- Base coat
- Top coat
- Ear bud
- Nail paint remover
Acid Wash Nail Art Tutorail
- Wash your hands and pat them dry. Apply the base coat and let it dry.
- Apply a coat of the yellow color on your nails and allow it to dry.
- Apply a coat of the light teal color on top of the yellow nail paint. Allow it to dry.
- Now, comes the real thing. Take the cotton bud and dip it in nail paint remover. It should be just enough to wet the cotton bud and remover shouldn’t be dripping out of the bud.
- Use the nail paint remover soaked ear bud tip to wipe of the light teal color from random places. As the top color will fade, the yellow color will be revealed. Do not rub vigorously, or you will wipe off the yellow color also giving a sneak peek to your bare nailsL.
- Apply the top coat and you have the acid washed nails 😛
- Apply one coat each of the nail paints; the sum total will anyways be two. Remember, a thicker coat peels quicker.
- It is a good idea to get an idea of the pressure and time required to get off the top color before hand. Don’t worry you don’t have to waste nail paint to experiment. Just try this on nail paint you already have plans for removing. But instead of using a cotton ball to remove it try using a cotton bud to get the hang of it.
- Depending on your comfort you can also use three colors for a more colorful acid wash effect.
- I would suggest not opening up the entire bottle of remover or pouring it down in a bowl to dip cotton bud. The cotton bud will soak excessive remover dripping over and spoiling your paint. Just touch the bud on the hole of the remover and tilt the bottle for the remover to touch (a bit more than just touch actually) the liquid.
- Feel like its too bright for office, mellow down the tone by using grey and pink combo or white and beige combo etc.
- Easy at Home Nail Art 11 – Zebra Nail Art for Foot (thenailartandbeautydiaries.wordpress.com)
- Easy at Home Nail Art 10 – Chained in Pink (thenailartandbeautydiaries.wordpress.com)
- The Bright Sunny Day Nail Art (thenailartandbeautydiaries.wordpress.com)
- A Glimpse of Yellow Suede Nail Art (thenailartandbeautydiaries.wordpress.com)
- Easy At Home Nail Art 14 – The Splashes of Colors (thenailartandbeautydiaries.wordpress.com)